The Pros and Cons of Technical Education Systems
Technical education has been around for many years and has been a popular form of training from the beginning. Technical education refers to learning about a particular field with hands-on experience. When one engages in technical education, they actually learn from someone who does what they teach.
Compared to the more traditional avenues of learning like college, technical education is much more specific to a certain field. College is a much broader scope and concentrates more on theory. The basic idea for this form of education is to teach you how to learn. Then you still have to learn the specific requirements for your job once you get out of college.
With technical education, you actually learn from a master in the field. This is also sometimes referred to as an apprenticeship. When you're done with this training, you are ready to do the tasks by yourself. You can go right to work for someone without needing any additional training.
The benefits for technical education are big for prospective employers. Many companies have spent a great deal of their money training new employees. Then, many times, the people don't like the jobs and quit. Then the companies are forced to start all over again with new employees. It is a never-ending cycle that costs the employers a lot of money and time.
In the past, technical education was looked at as a negative thing as it was associated with the lower class of the social scale. The industries that engaged in this practice were manual laborers such as welders, electricians, and blacksmiths. Many people stayed away from this type of training simply because of the reputation associated with it. However, in today's fast changing economy, technical education is generally accepted as the norm in many new industries.
Now industries such as retail, tourism, information technology, funeral services, cosmetics, and cottage industries all rely on some form of technical education.
Many types of businesses are demanding a much more specialized workforce. With the way the economy is changing, people with generalized knowledge are becoming phased out for people with highly specialized skills.
In many cases, this results in a higher level of starting pay for new employees. The companies that are hiring feel more comfortable about giving someone a decent salary when they know they can handle the work. Another great thing about technical education is the job placement. Many trade schools offer job placement directly after you graduate. They have many relationships with employers and the employers know exactly what they're getting in a new graduate.
Overall, technical education is a great way to get a head start on your career. You can focus on the skills you need to do the job that you want to do. If you want to be on the fast track to a great career, technical education may be the way to go. You'll no longer have to waste years of your life learning theory. You can get started learning what you need to know in order to succeed.
Do you know that even though most conferences and seminars allow people to escape the daily grind of the office, many people still hate attending them? That's because most conferences involve sitting around for long periods of time listening to somebody, who is quite boring, talk and talk and talk. This time, when you're in charge of planning the conference or seminar, you're going to liven up the event by making it one that the attendees will never forget. Here are five tips to help you do just that.
1) Offer your attendees a flexible schedule. Mandatory "one time only" meetings are a thing of the past. Identical meetings should be offered several times throughout a day so that people aren't forced to attend a particular meeting.
2) To encourage participants to attend meetings, offer door exciting door prizes and raffles. Forget about coffee mugs and ink pens. Collect donations from convenience stores, hotels, movie theaters, restaurants, and other businesses with convenient locations for your guests. Attendees who manage to attend a preset number of meetings should receive extra prizes.
3) Provide unique, theme related meals each day for conference participants. Nobody wants to eat chicken every day. If your meeting occurs in the winter, why not bring summer to the conference with a beach themed day of hamburgers, hot dogs, and colorful nonalcoholic beverages. Go all out and bring in beach balls and kiddie pools. Another day could be Mexican themed - virgin margaritas for everyone!
4) Coordinate activities outside of the meeting times. For large groups, many theme parks and other attractions offer affordable group rates. Even better, have a meeting at someplace exciting like a local aquarium or a sports facility. After the meeting, head straight into the game or take a tour of the place.
5) It will be hard but try and personally connect with each and every attendee. If you can't do it all yourself, select co-workers who can help you. Don't let any individuals go friendless at a conference. Make people feel wanted, and they'll have the time of their lives.
Your conference does not have to be a dreaded event. With these tips, you can make it one of the most anticipated events of the year.
Online career training programs are available to those looking to pursue a career in the field of homeopathy. Students can receive the educational training they need to enter into an exciting new career in the field of natural healing. With an accredited educational program students can train fro a number of careers and specialties. Online learning in homeopathy is available for those looking to become herbalists, dieticians, reflexologists, researchers, alternative medicine practitioners, and much more. Accredited learning opportunities include certificates, as well as associates, bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees.
- Certificates Certificate programs are available to students who wish to enter the workforce or those who need to receive additional training after obtaining a degree. Certificate programs are available through a number of online schools and colleges for a variety of career areas. Students looking to pursue careers in:
- massage therapy
- Undergraduate Degrees
- herbal therapy
- naturopathic medicine
- natural healing principles
- Graduate Degrees
- botanical medicine
- first aid
- history of homeopathy
And other homeopathic fields can do so by earning a certificate from an accredited online educational program. Online schools and colleges offer additional certificate training to homeopathic professionals who need to learn the latest skills and knowledge. Continuing education certificates are a great way to improve the services that professionals can offer.
Students can train to pursue a number of careers in this field including nutritionist, herbalist, homeopathic therapy, and many other professions with an online education in homeopathy. Undergraduate degrees are offered through a variety of online programs. Associate and level degrees are available for students to obtain in as little as two years time with an online educational program. Bachelors degree training programs typically take four years to complete and can be done from the comforts of home with an accredited online educational program. Coursework may consist of learning subjects such as:
And more depending on the area each individual student chooses to specialize in and the level of degree. An associate's or bachelor's degree in the field of homeopathy can provide students with a variety of careers to choose from. Students can enter the workforce or enroll in a graduate degree program to further their education.
Graduate degree programs allow students to pursue masters and doctoral degree in the field of homeopathy. Students can train for a number of professional careers with a graduate level degree. Online schools and colleges allow students to study a variety of professions within the field including professor, alternative medicine practitioner, hydrotherpist, acupuncturist, and much more. Coursework will vary depending on whether a students chooses to obtain a masters degree or a doctoral degree. Typical coursework at this level may include the study of basic courses like:
And other relevant subjects. Students who enroll in an accredited online school, college, or other educational program can prepare for an exciting new career while studying at their own leisure.
Online schools and colleges that offer homeopathic training for students can be contacted to request more information about earning any level of degree in the field. With an accredited homeopathic career training program students will gain the skills and knowledge needed to pursue a number of careers in the field of alternative medicine. Full accreditation is provided by agencies like the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (www.acics.org) to quality programs that provide the best education. Students can start the path to an exciting career today by researching online homeopathic educational programs today.
DISCLAIMER: Above is a GENERIC OUTLINE and may or may not depict precise methods, courses and/or focuses related to ANY ONE specific school(s) that may or may not be advertised at PETAP.org.
Copyright 2010 - All rights reserved by PETAP.org.